When starting a business, one of the most important aspects to getting your business up and running is the pitch. Pitching your business gives people a chance to understand your concept and let them know more about your business in a nut shell.
Tips on perfecting your pitch:
- Less is more: A quick, but complete elevator pitch will keep your investors listening for the entirety of the pitch. Long, tedious explanations can bore your audience, and it is more likely the audience will not understand the full concept. So keep it short.
- Use the facts: Don’t make up stories about what may or may not happen in your business future. Back your ideas up with facts and numbers. Real-world experience will get you further than guessing about what the future has to hold.
- Do your research: Know your product/company like the back of your hand. Be prepared to answer any far-fetched questions, and back your answers up with details and facts. Research potential investors and competitors as well, you need to make sure you are pitching to the right people and you need to ensure that your product would outweigh the competitors.
- Calm down- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Investors can tell if you are eager to get your business started RIGHT AWAY. Prove that you can manage, create, and expand your business before asking for too much. Investors will appreciate your step by step easy going (but determined) business plan.
- Get the right people excited: Stand out from the crowd, be different, show that your business is better than others. Prove your experience and capabilities, and take criticism and feedback. Once people realize your business plan has potential, investors will be more than willing to help make the business a success!